This lovely narrated picture book story develops Phonemic Awareness and Phonics Skills, the building blocks of learning to spell. Providing a natural, authentic and successful spelling experience, this full length original picture book style story full of words with the Long A sound has been purpose written by an experienced teacher. Your students will be happily learning to spell in no time at all!
In this deck:
Narrated phonics picture book story full of words showing 9 different ways the Long A sound can be spelled: 22 page story, 2 cards per page, 44 cards total.
Card 1 Phonemic Awareness
– listen to narrated story full of words with a Long A sound
– tap on the words with a Long A sound
– click to check
Card 2: Phonics
– learn 9 different ways the Long A sound can be spelled, with all the Long A sound letters printed in green
– repeat for next page of the story
Learn to Spell with Stories!
One of the hardest aspects of learning to spell the English language is that sounds in words can be spelled in so many ways. This can lead to stress, confusion and ongoing anxiety, often not helped by endless lists of disconnected and meaningless wordlists.
Written and designed for the child to
1: hear sounds in words
2: know what letters to choose to spell the sounds they hear
We hope you and your students enjoy the stories and easily learn to spell at the same time!
What You Need to Use This Boom Cards Resource
On purchasing you will receive a PDF with a link to the product and extensive information on how to use Boom Cards. You will need a Boom account which is free to use when accessing this resource.
Boom Cards are:
- interactive digital activities
- self-checking, instant response
- can be used over and over, questions are shuffled for a new experience each time
- accessible on computers, tablets, whiteboards, any smart device
- accessible from the website or an app
- perfect for classroom or home learning
Official Information from Boom Learning℠
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on
modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for
Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must
have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to
assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant
feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for
students to engage with Boom Cards decks.