- Engaging 25 page phonics picture book story to help students develop phonemic awareness
- 114 Long O spelling words to learn 9 different ways the Long O sound can be spelled: ‘ew’, ‘o’, ‘oa’, ‘oe’, ‘oh’, ‘ol’, ‘ough’, ‘ow’ and ‘o_e’.
- Long O graphemes printed in green, (or grey if printing in BW) to scaffold and support decoding
- PDF format to print as booklet or single pages, or view on any screen in single or double page format to suit
- word family list
- tricky words
- reading comprehension
- grapheme chart
- story on one page
- coloring page
- spelling activity ideas
- cross curricula story based learning activities
Note: 2 versions are included to accommodate differences in US and UK/Australian spelling. The following different spellings occur in the story and accompanying activity pages.
US/UK: yogurt/yoghurt, coloring/colouring, theatre, theatre