- Engaging 12 page phonics picture book story to help students develop phonemic awareness
- 36 Long U spelling words to learn 10 different ways the Long U sound can be spelled: ‘eau’, ‘ew’, ‘ewe’, ‘iew’, ‘u’, ‘ue’, ‘ueue’, ‘uu’, ‘u_e’ and ‘you’.
- Long U graphemes printed in green, (or grey if printing in BW) to scaffold and support decoding
- PDF format to print as booklet or single pages, or view on any screen in single or double page format to suit
- word family list
- tricky words
- reading comprehension
- grapheme chart
- story on one page
- coloring page
- spelling activity ideas
- cross curricula story based learning activities
Note: 2 versions are included to accommodate differences in US and UK/Australian spelling. The following different spellings occur in the accompanying activity pages.
US/UK: coloring/colouring, theatre, theatre