Easily Improve Your Phonics Screening Results!
Students Will Develop Skills in:
– phonemic awareness, hearing the Long I sound in words
– letter sound recognition, learning which letters spell the Long I sound
– segmenting words into phonemes, also known as sounding out
– recognising words
– decoding the Long I sound
How to Play
– Click on the word that matches the picture.
– With correct answer deck will advance to next slide
– Incorrect answer will be circled in red for student to retry
– Students can play as many times as they wish
– Cards are randomised
– All pictures are from the Long I phonics story ‘Diamonds in the Sky’ by Clever Speller.
On purchasing you will receive a PDF with a link to the product and extensive information on how to use Boom Cards. You will need a Boom account which is free to use when accessing this resource.
Boom Cards are:
– interactive digital activities
– self-checking, instant response
– can be used over and over, questions are shuffled for a new experience each time
– accessible on computers, tablets, whiteboards, any smart device
– accessible from the website or an app
– perfect for classroom or home learning
Official Information from Boom Learning℠
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on
modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for
Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must
have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to
assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (play provides instant
feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for
students to engage with Boom Cards decks.