You can find all sorts of things at Poppy’s Shop but what if you change your mind?
Find out what you can buy at Poppy’s Shop, and have fun learning to spell at the same time.
Poppy’s Top Shop contains 89 spelling words showing 4 ways that the Short O Sound can be spelled.
Also included are spelling and theme activities, word family lists, tricky words, reading comprehension, homophones and homonyms, grapheme chart and a coloring page.
More About Clever Speller
Breathe life into spelling with Clever Speller, a unique story based approach that makes learning to spell easy and fun. Ten beautifully illustrated phonics picture books are full of words that highlight the many different ways a focus sound can be spelled, making the journey from hearing sounds in words, to knowing all the ways to spell them, clear and easy to understand.
Clever Speller is different. No other spelling resource features full length picture books with all the ways to spell a focus sound in the same story. Whole language and phonics work together, with the magic of technology, to present a perfect mix of old and new that will gain, and keep, student’s attention.
Clever Speller cleverly uses the rigor of phonics, in the context of whole language, to make sense of crazy English spelling and bring it to life. Traditional picture book style stories showing all the ways to spell a focus sound enable a seamless progression from phonemic awareness to phonics knowledge. Colourful characters and interesting adventures engage and enthrall students so that learning to spell, and read, is an enjoyable experience for all.
1: Hear sounds in words.
2: Learn all the ways to spell them and…Be Spellbound!
- Develop phonemic awareness
- Provide context for phonics to make sense
- Provide rigor for whole language to be effective
- Easily learn grapheme phoneme correspondence
- Enhance retention and recall
- Save time with planning
- Cater for different learning styles
- Differentiate for learning variability
- Complement any spelling methodology
- Bridge the gap between leveled readers and authentic texts
- Engage students with connected and meaningful activities
- Integrate reading and spelling lessons
- 10 decodable sound phonics picture books
- 1 book for each short and long vowel sound
- 73 ways to spell 10 long and short vowel sounds
- Over 1000 focus sound spelling words
- Graphemes printed in different color for easy decoding
- Grapheme charts and word family lists
- Spelling and integrated cross curricular activities
- Literal and inferential reading comprehension
- Homophones, homonyms and homographs
- High frequency/sight words grouped by focus sounds
- iPad app and teaching videos
- Printable activities and resources